- 同學 (包括課程參加者，以下稱為 “同學”) 報名即同意活動條款及細則；報名時必須提供完整及正確資料，而確認電郵則根據同學所提供的聯絡資料寄出。
- 同學請於開課前10分鐘到達參加活動場地，並出示方法學院發出之付款收據正本或電郵確認通知信 ，以作核對身分。除已核實身分的同學外，其他人仕不得進入課室。
- 方法學院保留隨時修改有關條款及細則之權利而無需另行通知。 如有任何爭議，將以方法學院之最終決定為準。
Comeup General Terms of Service
1. Object and Validity
- The company
- Best Logic Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Comeup”) operates a platform for mobile reading (hereinafter referred to as “Platform”) on the Internet portals http://www.123comeup.com, and other websites, as well as on mobile applications. In this context, Comeup’s authors transform the key insights of non-fiction books and other content for you into a concise format. This gives you the option to grasp the key insights from a non-fiction book or other content on your computer or mobile device, in the shortest possible time.
- The use of the platform (including the apps) shall be subject to the following General Terms and Conditions (“General Terms and Conditions”) in the version valid at the time of registration or order. ComeUp does not acknowledge any different general terms and conditions belonging to you unless ComeUp agrees to their validity in writing.
- No separate contract text is provided for the Agreement pertaining to the use of the platform. The content of the agreement between you and ComeUp is based on these General Terms and Conditions, as well as on the specific information provided as part of the registration (see Section 3) and by signing up for a paid subscription (Section 4), that will be saved by ComeUp and that is available in your user account at any time.
- You accept the validity and applicability of these General Terms and Conditions by registering and/or purchasing a paid subscription, as the case may be.
2. ComeUp’s Services and Rights
- ComeUp provides the key insights from non-fiction books, articles and other content , known together as “Platform content”), which allow you to grasp their essence within a few minutes. Moreover, ComeUp may provide a personal profile to you, which you can fill with your preferred platform content and text markers as well as sorting this content into different categories and lists.
- The extent of the material of the platform content and the options to use (the “License”) depend on the type of account you selected. There is a difference between a free account (see Section 3), a paid subscription (see Section 4) . In terms of duration, the license is limited to the validity period of the free account / paid subscription / free trial.
- The rights to ComeUp ‘s service and the content distributed through the service are and will remain with ComeUp and /or ComeUp ‘s licensors. We only grant you a non-exclusive (simple), time-limited right to personal use of the ComeUp service and its contents.
3A. Registering with ComeUp
- By registering with ComeUp, you are executing an agreement with ComeUp for a limited use of the platform.
- You can use your e-mail address as well as a password of your choice to register. Alternatively, you may register using a single sign-on service (for example, Facebook login). You can register via our website or after downloading our apps.
- Any information required for registration must be complete and correct and always up-to-date. ComeUp has the right to save and process the data you provided during registration, in accordance with the provisions on Data Protection.
- The password used must be kept confidential. Keeping it a secret is solely and fully your responsibility. The ComeUp user account may only be used by you. Any unauthorized use of your user account, as well as any such suspicion to that effect should be communicated to ComeUp immediately.
3B. Event and Activities
- Customers (including course participants, hereinafter referred to as “customers”) must provide complete and correct information when registering, and the confirmation email is sent based on the contact information provided by the customer.
- Once the course registration is confirmed, it cannot be changed to other courses or cancelled. All paid fees are non-refundable, and course places are not transferable.
- If the customer is absent from the class, it will be deemed as an automatic waiver. The tuition fees and materials paid will not be refunded and cannot be transferred to other courses.
- Courses are accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Places are limited, while stocks last.
- If the course needs to be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, ComeUp will send an email notification or call the customer about the cancellation of the course not less than 2 days before the class. If the course needs to be cancelled for other reasons, ComeUp will notify the customer as soon as possible. Customers can choose to enroll in another course at the same price or get a refund. Refund procedures must be processed within two months from the date of cancellation of the course. No refund will be made for overdue arrangements. Customers who register online will be automatically refunded the full amount to their credit card account for payment. Customers affected by the cancelled course will not receive any compensation.
- Those who are interested can apply for courses organized by ComeUp (except for individual courses) regardless of their academic qualifications. Whether or not the customer is accepted is determined by ComeUp.
- ComeUp reserves the right to change the class time, content and tutor of the original course if necessary.
- ComeUp reserves the right to select or change all materials used in the course without notice.
- Customers are required to arrive in the classroom 10 minutes before the start of the course and present the original payment receipt issued by ComeUp (in person) or an email confirmation letter (via online registration) for verification of identity. Except for customers who have already verified their identity, no one else can enter the classroom.
- The course will be cancelled in case of typhoon (No. 8 or above) or black rainstorm warning signal. Under normal circumstances, if typhoon number 8 or above or black rainstorm warning signal is removed 4 hours before the start of the course, the course will continue as usual.
- When Strong Wind Signal No. 8 (or above) is hoisted, ongoing courses will be cancelled.
- When the Black Rainstorm Warning is issued, ongoing classes will continue as usual.
- For all courses cancelled due to typhoon or rainstorm warning signals (please refer to items 14 and 15), customers can choose to enroll in another course of the same price or apply for a refund. Refund procedures must be processed within two months from the date of cancellation of the course. No refund will be made for overdue arrangements. Customers paying by credit card will be automatically refunded the full amount to the paying credit card account. Customers affected by the cancelled course will not receive any compensation.
- During the class, customers are kindly requested to take care of your personal belongings. ComeUp is not responsible for any loss.
- Customers should be aware that ComeUp has the opportunity to take photos or videos during the event for future publicity and promotional purposes.
- Recording, videotaping and taking photos without permission during the class are not allowed.
- ComeUp will not be responsible for any customer or anyone who suffers any direct or indirect injury or loss of property in connection with ComeUp’s course relationship. The customer shall protect ComeUp from all lawsuits, claims or indemnities arising from its actions, negligence or loss or damage caused by any means.
- All ComeUp classroom equipment and classroom facilities are owned by ComeUp. The customer is responsible for the correct and proper use of all appliances, equipment and classroom facilities. If there is any damage to the appliances, equipment and classroom facilities, the customer will be required to compensate for the damage caused.
- ComeUp reserves the right to take any appropriate action to ensure the safety and harmony of the Centre, to prevent any danger, nuisance or annoyance, including stopping all activities at the Centre, or to suspend classes, or to ask troublemakers to leave the Centre, or and Report to the police. All expenses paid by it will not be compensated.
- All course content is copyrighted by ComeUp and may not be reproduced, distributed online, or used illegally. ComeUp reserves the right to investigate.
- The pictures on the webpage are for reference only.
- ComeUp reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time without notice. In case of any dispute, the final decision of ComeUp shall prevail.
- If there is any inconsistency between the Chinese and English terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
4. Executing an Agreement for a Paid Subscription
- ComeUp ‘s subscriptions are ad-free, paid subscriptions that allow you to access additional content and features through our mobile and web-based applications. You will have access to the respective services as long as your subscription is valid.
- You submit a legally binding offer for a fee-based subscription, if you enter the information requested in the online order form and then click on the payment button. By doing so, you submit a legally binding offer for an agreement for a paid subscription. Before submitting your order, you may change and view the data at any time.
- Please read our Privacy Statement for information on the collection, use and processing of your data.
5. Reimbursement and Payment Methods, Compensation and Retention Rights
- The subscription for access (Section 4) is subject to a fee and must be paid at the beginning of the subscription. As payment methods, ComeUp offers credit card, Paypal and additional payment methods, if available, specified before beginning of the order process.
- As part of your subscription, your payment obligation to ComeUp will be automatically renewed at the end of the relevant subscription term if you do not cancel your paid subscription at least 24 hours before the end of your term.
- You are not entitled to any claims against ComeUp , unless your counterclaims are legally valid or undisputed. You are also entitled to offset against the claims of ComeUp , if you make complaints or counterclaims based on the same agreement.
- You may only exercise your right of retention if your counterclaim results from the same agreement.
6. Term and Cancellation
- The paid subscription access (see Section 4) will run for at least the term you originally selected and will automatically renew if it is not canceled within 24 hours of the end of that period. The subscription term will be extended according to the subscription model used so far.
- The subscription access cancellation takes effect on the day following the last day of your current subscription period. However, once you renew a subscription again, you will be able to access your old status and reading lists. If you wish to delete your entire account, you can do so by contacting our administrator.
- The right to blocking and cancellation for an important reason due to a good cause remains unaffected by the preceding provisions.
- ComeUp disqualifies any claims for damages coming from you. This does not apply to claims for damages arising from fatal injuries, physical injuries, health damage or from the breach of essential contractual obligations (cardinal obligations) as well as liability for other damages that are based on an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by ComeUp , its legal representatives or affiliates. Essential contractual obligations are those the fulfillment of which enables the proper execution of the Agreement in the first place and on the fulfillment of which you can trust.
- In the event of a breach of essential contractual obligations, ComeUp shall only be liable for the typical, foreseeable damages stipulated in a contract, if they were simply caused by negligence, unless it also involves claims for damages due to fatal injuries, physical injuries or damages to health.
8. Change of Terms and Conditions
- ComeUp reserves the right to make changes to individual clauses of the General Terms and Conditions with effect in the future, by taking into account ComeUp’s interests and provided it is reasonable for you.
- If you do not object to the change within six weeks after the effective date of the amended General Terms and Conditions, the amended General Terms and Conditions shall be deemed accepted. The deadline starts on the date you are notified by email as being the effective date of the change.